“God is the friend of silence. See how nature – trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence… We need silence to be able to touch souls.” — Mother Theresa
A friend of mine posted this quote to Facebook. It’s out of a book she’s reading on Mother Theresa. I am grateful for the way that the world just seamlessly works… without us. Something does not need me to do it in order for it to be done well. I don’t need to control that, hold onto it… fix it. The sun never doesn’t come up. The moon never ceases to rise. The grass…. well it’s not growing very well right now because it just won’t rain, but I can’t do anything about that.
Anyway, this post is thin. It is, I don’t have a lot of other things to talk about. But I want to share my list for the past two days. I’m looking forward to tomorrow, as I get to connect with an old friend, for a whole week!
Here’s my list!
7. The sun setting over the glass-like waters of Ahmic Lake
8. Cool evening breezes
9. Young teens not afraid to showcase their talent in front of 100 others. Bravery lived out.
10. Family game night
11. Countless layers of innumerable, brilliantly shining stars, punching holes through the deep darkness of a Muskoka night sky
12. Another day of relaxation after another successful week of kid’s Camp
13. The way the sun catches the lake and looks like brilliant diamonds
14. Coconuts – and how excellently they turn into pie
All photos taken by me.